Hi, I’m Michelle Lamude. Welcome to Touring Tales Travel and Books.
My blog aims to encourage people to explore more of the world through travel and reading. I believe books help us to:
Escape| Explore | Learn | Grow
- Escape – just like movies, books can help us relax and escape our busy lives for a while
- Explore – books can take us on a journey to new places. We can travel around the world without leaving our sofa
- Learn – to read books that challenge our thinking. Inspire and motivate us to try new things, even develop new skills
- Grow – by challenging our thinking, our understanding and our beliefs we can grow as individuals
Here’s a little bit about me:
Firstly, I’m an avid reader. I have been reading since a very young age, books have been the one constant in life. Reading books brings me comfort, it challenges my thinking and inspires me to learn and grow as a person. I’m happiest when snuggled up in a cosy reading corner with my two dogs Poppy or Coco (both Working Cocker Spaniels).
I decided to share my love of books by creating a book blog. I see myself as a Book Connector, helping bring readers, like me, together with creative writers and authors.
- TouringTALES.co.uk – on my blog you will find
- Travel articles, tips on renting, owning and touring in a motorhome or camper van.
- Book reviews, book extracts, author interviews, guest posts, shopping and gift ideas
I have been fortunate enough to travel all of my adult life. I love to explore new places and try new things. My husband David & I bought a Motorhome in 2019 so that we could travel with our dogs across UK and Europe. The things we love most; Dogs, Books and Travel have naturally come together in the creation of this blog.
Before the 2020 pandemic I have 25+ years experience working within the Financial Services sector providing Project Support, Governance and Admin support on large budget corporate programmes of change.
In the autumn of 2020 I decided to hand in my corporate security pass for good and continue to work for myself remotely. You can find out more about my back story, skills and experience on my LinkedIn profile here. Send me a connect request if you’re interested in networking and/or working with me.
Book Reviews & Blog Tours
Genres I particularly enjoy reading are:
- Non Fiction
- Self help
- Mystery and cosy crime
- Psychological Thrillers
- Historical Fiction
I’m not a huge fan of:
- Violence and War
- Romance (I do read occasionally)
- Fantasy (unless along the lines of Harry Potter/Terry Pratchett/Witches & Wizards these I’d be happy to read).
Where to find me online
As well as Touring Tales Book Blog, you can also find me on the following social media channels:
Want to work with Touring Tales?
I would be happy to talk to any publishers, authors, brands, organisations, charities or small businesses who would like to collaborate with me. Whether that’s to:
- Join a blog tour for book launches
- Review books
- Product reviews for items related to Travel, camping or books that would interest my readers
- Guest post take-over for one day of Touring Tales
So please do get in touch using the contact form here.
Netgalley Professional Reader