Do you have a fussy eater or a gas filled stinky dog? I certainly did before I started feeding my dogs Butternut Box Dog Food. Having tried various raw, dried and wet dog foods without much success I took out a Butternut Box trial and was amazed how quickly it sorted out Poppy’s stinky belly. My dogs absolutely love their Butternut Box dog food so we’ve been happy customers for several years now.
Read on to find out why I highly recommend Butternut Box dog food – now with a veggie dog food option too.
Also, I’m delighted to be able to share a Butternut box discount code so that you can claim 50% off your first 2 boxes of a Butternut Box trial. Pawsome right! Sorry couldn’t resist it 🙂
Are you confused about dog food?
I certainly was when I first decided to get a puppy. When Poppy arrived, for the first few weeks I continued to use the dry kibble puppy food, kindly provided by the breeder. Although the puppy food was a branded, well recognised product, I soon realised it was causing Poppy to have an upset stomach, gas (puppy farts are not great right?) and stinky poos. I decided it was time to upgrade to something more ‘odour reducing’.
I looked into other traditional, branded dog food options on the market, which were either:
RAW DRY or WET
Then I discovered Butternut dog food. These guys have created a FRESH dog food that just made sense to me.
Having met the Butternut team at the NEC Motorhome Show I loved their story. The company founders are best friends, whose dogs were ‘stinky’ like mine. I ordered our first box of Butternut at the NEC show and it was a game changer. Poppy is no longer the stinky dog she used to be (well, unless she gets to roll in her favourite eau de Fox perfume!). Coco our younger spaniel is also enjoying her share of Butternut dog food too.
Why feed Butternut?
- Freshly prepared human grade meat (60%) veg and lentils (40%)
- No nasty ingredients added and grain-free (hence no stinky dog)
- Gently cooked then frozen ready for delivery
- Individual portions carefully prepared to your dogs needs (age, size, activity etc.)
- Created with vets and nutritionists to ensure all the right nutrients are included
There are several recipes you can select to build your Butternut Box order. My dogs love them all but I think the Swish Fish Dish with veg is their favourite and it’s low calorie too. That said, the new veggie recipe disappeared from their bowls pretty quick too. I’m not surprised when you read the ingredients:
- Freshly Prepared Vegetables (Butternut Squash, Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Green Beans, Parsnips, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Spinach), Cottage Cheese, Green Lentils, Red Split Lentils, Milled Chickpeas, Potato Protein, Eggs, Cranberries, Flaxseed Oil, Pea Protein, Brewers Yeast, Minerals, Ground Flaxseed, Thyme, Parsley.
That’s it, all healthy and no nasty fillers added in. Pretty good huh, it smells good too. You can read all about the different Butternut Box products here.
What’s in our Butternut Box Delivery?
Poppy’s monthly Butternut Box box delivery always includes:
- Month supply of meal packs in a variety of flavours
- Couple packets of Air dried training treats for recall training on our daily walks
- A LARGE box of Compostable poo bags. These are super thick and by far the best poo bags I’ve used (trust me I’ve tried them all!) I can’t rate these highly enough, just BUY THESE
What dogs benefit from Butternut?
There are delicious vet approved recipes available for; puppies, adult dogs and golden oldies. Active dogs, lazy dogs and everything in between. Also, dogs with weight issues, fussy eaters, dogs with allergies and more. The guys at Butternut have got them all covered. Just update your dog’s profile online and they’ll do the rest.
WATCH: Meet the Butternut guys in their first TV ad 🙂
How does it work?
Sign up using my Butternut Box discount code for 50% off your first 2 boxes delivered to your door.
- Complete your dog’s profile by answering a few simple questions to help the Butternut team create an individual meal plan.
- Sit back and wait for your first delivery.
- On delivery day simply unpack and pop a few of the individual portions into your fridge and the rest in your freezer until needed. TIP: I use the bottom draw of our freezer and take out 2-3 pouches at a time to defrost in the fridge.
Feed to your pooch, step back and watch how quickly it disappears and they look at you for more.
Happy Dance Guaranteed
TIP: The pouches will keep unopened for up to 7 days in your fridge once defrosted. Once opened use within a couple of days.
Your online account is so easy to use and update should you want to change your dogs profile, bring forward or move back your next delivery date or even pause deliveries when you go on holiday. We pop the Butternut pouches in our motorhome fridge and freezer too when we all go on holiday.
Environmental and Sustainable
With delivery boxes provided every few weeks, the team are able to reduce the amount of journeys they make. All deliveries are completely carbon neutral.
We love the fact that the delivery boxes and ice packs can be recycled or reused. They also use a great product called Woolcool, which is wrapped around the pouches with the ice packs to keep everything nice a cold whilst being transported to your doorstep.
The Woolcool wrapping can either be returned, composted, recycled or reused around your home. They’re great for protecting your garden pots and plants during the winter, all my plant pots are wrapped in Butternut Woolcool. For craft enthusiasts, apparently you can reuse your Woolcool for felting projects.
Supporting less fortunate
The lovely guys at Butternut Box also give back to those doggies not as lucky as ours with forever homes. For every new furry customer that signs up the Butternut Team donate a much-needed meal to a homeless dog or in a shelter waiting for a new forever home.
So sign up now for a Butternut Box Trial using our Butternut Box discount code 50% discount offer.
Want 50% off a box of Butternut Box Dog Food?
Use our Touring Tales discount link