I’m handing over Touring Tales Blog today for a guest post. 10 Interesting Facts About David Gatward. We’re on the Book Blog Tour to promote David’s latest book, Restless Dead, the next instalment in the DCI Harry Grimm series. Before I hand over to David, here’s an introduction to the new book.
Book Cover Notes
Be careful what you wish for.
When no nonsense retired Army Colonel James Fletcher starts seeing his recently deceased wife around the house again, his friends and family are more than a little worried. But when James turns up dead, and the accident that killed him is found to be anything but, DCI Harry Grimm and his team must uncover the grisly truth before anyone else falls prey.In a house torn in two by ghosts and betrayal, Harry may soon find that death isn’t always the end. Sometimes, it’s only the beginning . . .
Restless Dead is the fifth book in the DCI Harry Grimm crime thriller series, set in the Yorkshire Dales, and perfect for fans of L. J. Ross, J.R. Ellis, Margaret Mayhew, Jeanne M. Dams, J. M. Dalgliesh, Roger Silverwood, J. D. Kirk, Adam Croft, and Simon McCleave.
10 Interesting Facts About David Gatward
Firstly, thanks for joining Touring Tales today. So what are you going to share with readers today?
Hi, thanks, so I thought I’d share ten things about me readers might not know…
- I drowned in a swimming pool when I was six! I don’t remember any of it, but I was dragged out and resuscitated. I’ve still got a huge water phobia, but I work to combat it with swimming, doing triathlon stuff, SUP boarding. I don’t like things to beat me.
- I’ve seen at least two ghosts! The first was when I worked at Marrick Priory in Swaledale. I lived in a caravan on site and woke up one night to find the caravan filled with light and a woman in a corseted dress standing in the caravan staring at me. The other was a couple of years before this, in the middle of the day, where I was mowing the lawn at a very large, old house, and saw just a few metres away a figure in a black suit staring at me from under a tree.
- My favourite sandwich is: peanut butter; danish blue cheese; raw onion; mayonnaise; cheese and onion crisps.
- Once I worked on a salmon farm in Scotland.
- I grew up in Wensleydale, which is why I’ve set my DCI Harry Grimm novels in the area.
- I really, really love horror movies and was even lucky enough to appear on a special edition DVD box set of Clive Barker’s Hell Raiser movies (the first three) to talk about his books.
- My favourite pub in the world is the Clachaig Inn, Glencoe. My family are from the area, my Grandma was born and grew up in the valley of Glencoe itself, and the Clachaig is just the greatest place to sit, have a few pints, a good feast, and to share tales with people back from a walk on the hill.
- I had my first book was published when I was 18.
- I love fish and chips! YUM!
- My favourite television series is MASH. Everything I know about dialogue and characters and how they interact I learned from that show.
Wow, what a great list. We love fish and chips and the TV series MASH too. Touring Tales are heading up to Scotland for August and September so we’ll definitely check out your favourite pub if we find ourselves in Glencoe at some point. We’re just packing up the van and heading north with no fixed plans or timetable 🙂
Thank you so much for being our guest today and for sharing 10 Interesting Facts About Author David Gatward. We wish you all the best with your latest DCI Harry Grimm novel, Restless Dead.
Where To Buy
Restless Dead, is book 5 in the DCI Harry Grimm series. All books are written as a Standalone Read so you can jump right in with book 5. But don’t forget to check out the full series, see full list below.
Further book info
- Published Date: 29 April 2021
- Publisher: Independently published
- Page Count: 290
About The Author
David J. Gatward lives in Somerset and is the award-winning author of the DCI Harry Grimm crime novels, and the Padre horror trilogy. He has also written numerous books for children, teenagers and young adults.
The author has written for publishers including Puffin, Random House, and OUP, worked as a ghost-writer, had a good number of short horror stories published, and even appeared on a special edition DVD box set about Hellraiser to talk about Clive Barker’s amazing writing.
“And when I’m not doing any of the above, I’m probably hanging out with my two boys, my partner, and our daft dog, making homemade pizza, training for a triathlon I swore I’d never do, having Nerf Blaster battles, camping, wild swimming, SUP-boarding, or cooking up some sausages on a little Firebox Stove on Hive Beach, Dorset.”
Where To Find David Online
Related: Full List of DCI Harry Grimm Novels
- Grimm Up North: Book 1 – DCI Harry Grimm Crime Thriller Novel
- Best Served Cold: Book 2 – DCI Harry Grimm Crime Thriller Novel
- Corpse Road: Book 3 – DCI Harry Grimm Crime Thriller Novel
- Shooting Season: Book 4 – DCI Harry Grimm Crime Thriller Novel
- Restless Dead: Book 5 – DCI Harry Grimm Crime Thriller Novel
- Death’s Requiem Book 6 – DCI Harry Grimm Crime Thriller Novel
Coming Soon: Blood Sport: Book 7 – DCI Harry Grimm Crime Thriller Novel (Pre-order available)
Blog Tour Organised by
Random Things Tours
Thanks to Anne @randomttours for inviting me on the tour and arranging the Guest Post with Author David Gatward.